LEAN IN: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
by Sheryl Sandberg
Women may be in a much better position today compared to past decades and centuries. Yet, we’re still surrounded by gender bias and obstacles that hold women back from career progression. This represents lost opportunities not just for women, but also organizations and society at large. In this book, Sheryl Sandberg encourages women to confront societal norms, overcome their inner fears/beliefs, pursue their ambitions, and navigate the complexities of the modern workplace. She shares research and stories of the struggles faced by women, with advice on how we can create greater equality and more fulfilling lives for men and women alike.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The facts and anecdotes to understand why our world is still ruled primarily by men, and why we need more women in top leadership positions to make gender equality a reality;
• A range of external and internal barriers that limit women’s ability to make real choices in life. These include: gender-related stereotypes, biases, social pressures, lack of organizational support, and women’s own fears and limiting beliefs.
• Specific strategies, approaches, and tips to overcome the obstacles to gender equality, build your career, and equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their gender.
Who should read this:
• Business owners, leaders, and managers
• Anyone who wishes to improve gender equality and become a better leader.