We’re still operating normally since our business is online with a fully-remote team. In addition, we’re still hiring and doing whatever we can to support our users and the community during these tough times. Read our founders’ letter here for more details about our efforts and initiatives.
ReadinGraphics summarizes top business and personal development books for busy entrepreneurs and corporate executives, so you can equip yourself with skills, tips and solutions in less time. We cut through the clutter to bring ideas to life, making it easier to see, organize and apply insights to create success and breakthroughs.
We’re a fully remote team headquartered out of sunny Singapore. Our team members are spread out across the globe across 4 continents :)
The best learning comes not just from reading, but applying, connecting and relating our ever-evolving knowledge to real-life experiences.
1) Most summary services offer text-only, audio, or even video summaries, all of which involve a sequential review of the materials. This makes it hard for us to remember what we’ve learned. ReadinGraphics offers the world’s first and only book graphic summaries, condensing key ideas from an entire book into a 1-page infographic. This creates a mental model that lets you see and connect the key ideas at a glance, effectively locking in powerful insights in your mind.
2) Rather than present only the top 5 or 10 points from each book, our summaries comprehensively capture all the key ideas of a book in context (via our text and audio summaries) and then consolidate them visually via our graphic summaries. This thorough and varied approach reinforces learning and retention.
3) Instead of mass-producing thousands of summaries, we carefully select only the top books for business and personal development, and craft each one into clear, easy-to-digest, succinct yet comprehensive summaries. You have our quality assurance: if a summary doesn’t capture the essence of the book, we’ll offer a full refund.
4) We don’t limit your access to our web-app. Our summaries can be downloaded in pdf/mp3 formats, which means you can keep them forever and save them in any device. The pdfs are provided in high-resolution which makes it possible to print out the files (see printing tips below). You can buy 1 summary ala carte or access the full via with a subscription—the choice is all yours.
ReadinGraphics offers a quality guarantee: If any summary is a poor representation of the book, just write to us within 30 days of your purchase and we’ll offer a full refund. You can also check out the testimonials from our users, or download 2 free summary samples via this link, to assess the quality.
In order to distill the key ideas in a 300-page book into a 10-15 page summary or a 1-page infographic, we need to recreate most of the material. Generally, here’s what you can expect:
• Wherever possible, we’ll present all the key ideas from the book, including main concepts, arguments and how-to tips. At the end of each summary, we usually highlight the additional details in the original book that you could expect.
• Details of case studies, research and other stories are typically omitted in our summaries. We often outline several examples and/or use our own illustrative examples to bring across an important point.
• We seek to use a clear writing style and visually-appealing layout, hence the tone and structure of our summaries are likely to be different from the original book. However, the key quotes that we’ve included should give a sense of the authors’ style and tone.
All our summaries come in text (pdf), graphic (pdf) and audio (mp3) formats, which you can download and save for use in any of your devices. Premium subscribers (monthly, annual or 10-year) can also read/listen to the materials online
• Use the detailed text or audio summary to dive into specific concepts, tips, action steps, and/or examples.
• Use the graphic summary (infographic) to review the contents at a glance. This is perfect (i) to quickly decide if a book is relevant for you, (ii) to recap and visually lock in the ideas after you’ve read the detailed summary/book, and (iii) to connect ideas across books.
Our customers love using the summaries as a tool to recap the key points of books you’ve read, and as a summary of books you haven’t read.
• Get a visual snapshot of a book/summary to refresh your learning and reinforce the concepts. This makes it easier to understand, remember and apply the ideas.
• Assimilate ideas across books. You can’t re-read 5 books in an hour, but you can certainly connect ideas across 5 infographics to find solutions to a specific goal or challenge.
• You can also use the summaries to decide which books to read in detail, or to quickly learn about a book/topic that you won’t normally read.
At the moment, we only feature carefully-handpicked books that can deliver results for business or personal growth. We filter down to 3 new summaries a month, which means less than 10% of “best-selling” books make it to our shortlist.
We shortlist the books through a stringent 5-tier selection criteria, including customers’ requests, extensive research on past reviews, and reading the book to decide if the content is suitable. We’re always looking out for great books and welcome your suggestions! Please write to us anytime at cs@ReadinGraphics.com.
PURCHASES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
If you’re looking for free resources:
• Read the free summaries in our blog for an outline of top business and personal development books; or
• Register for free email tips and download 2 pre-selected infographic/text/audio summary samples.
If you’re looking for comprehensive summaries in downloadable pdf/mp3 formats, you can purchase ala carte or via subscription:
• Choose from our list of individual/bundled summaries in the Store (for $9.97/$13.97 per summary); or
• Enjoy all our summaries through our premium subscriptions (from $8.31 per month). The monthly subscription gives you online access to our entire library with 3 summary downloads (in pdf/mp3) for just $19.97 a month. The Annual/10-year subscriptions give you full online access plus unlimited downloads at great savings.
Check out all our pricing options here.
Which/how many summaries can I download for the Monthly vs Annual subscription? How do the download credits work?
Premium subscribers have immediate online access to all our existing titles listed here. Then, each month, we’ll add 3 new summaries (in addition to the mentioned list). You’ll receive a monthly update on the new releases.
• Monthly subscribers can read all the summaries online and download any 3 of the summaries a month (be it existing or future summaries as they’re released). 3 new credits will be added to your account on the day of your monthly subscription renewal. Unused credits will be rolled over to the next month.
• Annual/10-year subscribers can also read all the summaries online PLUS have unlimited downloads, anytime they want.
• If your subscription is terminated, all the credits will expire on the date of termination. We recommend subscribers to download their favorite summaries before the expiry date and save the files in your computers/external drives for future use.
For upgrades to Annual and 10-year subscriptions, we’ll refund all purchases done within the last 30 days. Simply buy your new subscription, and the previous purchases will be automatically refunded within 48 hours.
Please note that this does not apply for an upgrade to Monthly subscriptions.
You can cancel your recurring payments anytime via your Paypal/Stripe account, via your accounts page, or write to us at cs@ReadinGraphics.com. For monthly plans, there’ll be no rebills in future but the previous monthly fees won’t be refunded. For yearly plans, let us know within 14 days after being re-billed and we’ll refund your payment. There are no recurring payments for the 10-year subscription.
After cancellation, you will continue to have access to your library for the full duration of the month/year/10-years. There will be no partial refunds for the “unused” periods.
From 1 Feb 2021, monthly subscribers can pause your subscription once, for up to 90 days. During this period, you can’t access the online library and no new download credits will be added. The subscription will be resumed automatically after 90 days, or when you un-pause it, whichever is earlier. If you’re travelling for an extended period of time, we recommend that you cancel your subscription to avoid being billed. Please be assured that we’ll still keep your unused credits for 12 months, i.e. you can always buy a new subscription within that period, then email us to transfer the unused credits to your new subscription.
From 1 Feb 2021, the pausing option will no longer be available for Annual and 10-year subscribers, since you can mass-download all the summaries at any time and enjoy the summaries at your leisure. However, feel free to contact us any time if you have special requests.
If your subscription was paused before 1 Feb 2021 (for any type of subscription), please note that it will automatically be resumed on 1 May 2021 (90 days from 1 Feb 2021), or when you un-pause it, whichever is earlier.
Yes, all summaries are available instantly upon purchase. The only exception is for payment via e-cheques: the summaries will be available only when the payment clears in 5 days.
For single/one-time purchases, you’ll have 3 ways to access your downloads:
(i) If your website pop-ups are enabled, you’ll be redirected to a page with the download links;
(ii) You’ll receive an email with the download links; and
(iii) You’ll also receive login details for an automatically-created account, so you can login and retrieve your downloads any time.
However, there’s no option to listen/read online.
For premium monthly/annual subscribers, you’ll receive login details for an automatically-created account. Premium subscribers will have the option to read/listen online to all summaries via the member dashboard or web app, with additional options to download the summaries you want.
We provide secure checkout using Paypal or Stripe. You can choose your preferred platform and select the Debit/Credit Card options provided.
Generally, we’re happy for our customers to use extracts of our summaries/graphics for discussions, talks or presentations, so long as:
(i) There’s proper citation and accreditation;
(ii) The materials aren’t reproduced wholesale (<15% and in accordance with copyright and fair-use guidelines); and
(iii) The materials are not circulated.
For free sharing, we recommend that you refer people to our blog. There, they can find shorter versions of the summaries which are still very useful for getting an overview of a book.
However, if you need to share parts or whole summaries with clients, team or community members, then we’d require that separate copies be purchased. Special group/corporate rates and arrangements are available and we can also customize the delivery of the materials. Drop us a note at cs@ReadinGraphics.com with your goals or requirements, and let us find the best solution for you!
Unfortunately, we only provide digital files in pdf and mp3 formats. However, all our pdf files are in high-res formats, so you can print them at home (pls refer to the printing tips in the next section) or use a professional printer near you.
Currently, we only have a web app for Premium subscribers to read/listen to their summaries online. We’re in the midst of exploring an Android/iOS mobile app. We welcome ideas and suggestions from users for the app–feel free to drop us an email directly or via our Contact Form.
If you are an iOS user, please also read the “Troubleshooting” section below for tips on the best way to read/access your downloaded summaries.
For the text summaries, choose “fit to page” for your printer settings and it will fit nicely on A4 paper.
For the graphic summaries or infographics, they are by nature long and skinny:
- For personal reading, choose “fit to page” and print on A4. The font will be small but is generally legible. Alternatively, you can try printing the graphic in 2-3 parts on A4, like this: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-portion-page-acrobat-reader.html. It will require that you “join” them manually but for personal reading that will work.
- For table display or posters, generally A3 is a good size to see all the infographic components (and the sides can then be trimmed away). Or, you can bring the high-res pdf files to any professional printer and they’ll be able to print in A3, A2 or larger sizes with no major loss of resolution.
For ala-carte purchases, you can access your downloads in 3 ways:
(i) You’ll be automatically redirected to the orders completion page, where you can see the download links.
(ii) The links are also sent to you via email upon order completion. Please check your spam/junk box, or the promo box if you’re using gmail.
(iii) You can login to re-download your previous purchases any time via your Library. Our system automatically creates an account for you upon checking out, and you’ll receive your username and password via email.
For Premium Subscribers (monthly, annual, 10-year), your past downloads are also stored for you under your Library:
If you’re still encountering problems, please contact us at cs@ReadinGraphics.com for assistance.
• Please refer to this guide for the download process. You can find the files in the “Downloads” folder of your device.:
• If you’re having the error “unable to open file“, please check if
(i) You’ve properly downloaded the file (in the event of internet disconnection, please delete the file and download again); and
(ii) You have a compatible pdf reader or mp3 player installed
- Please try to clear your cache (https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980), then login again at https://ReadinGraphics.com/dashboard/
- If it still doesn’t work, please try resetting your password (via the link on the login page). Please remember to check your promo/spam box if you’re using gmail.
- Or, drop us a note at cs@ReadinGraphics.com and we’d be happy to assist.
Login details are only required for customers with paid purchases (to access the full summaries and library).
If you signed up for the free email tips and samples, there’s no need to login to our website. You would receive the tips directly via email, with instructions on how to access your free summaries (without logging in). Please check your promo or junk folders if you didn’t receive the emails.
• If you’re playing the file online in your Premium Member’s library, please check your internet connection or refresh the page.
• If you’ve downloaded the audio file (and find that it is “cut off” before the end of the clip), please try download the file again with a strong internet connection. .
• If you’re an iOS user listening to the audio files from the email links, and find your clips “freezing” or starting-and-stopping, please use one of the 2 approaches below to open the link directly on Safari:
PARTNERSHIPS & COLLABORATION
I’d like to translate and/or distribute ReadinGraphics summaries in my country. Do you have a collaboration option for that?
Unfortunately, we don’t have a licensing arrangement at the moment for the translation or resale of our summaries. However, if you have a large network or strong sales/marketing capabilities, we welcome you to be a part of our affiliate program, where we share 25-50% of our revenues for sales brought in by our affiliates.