PRIMAL LEADERSHIP: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
By Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis, and Annie Mckee
Resonant leaders are emotionally intelligent leaders who move others, ignite positive feelings that bring out the best in people and drive performance. This book explains the key competencies behind emotional intelligence, the associated leadership styles, and how to use them to create a positive emotional climate that fosters creativity, innovation, strong teams and great performance.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How our brains work, and why emotional intelligence is so powerful;
• The 4 dimensions and 18 competencies of EI, how they relate to 6 key leadership styles, and how you can expand your leadership repertoire;
• How you can improve your leadership (in a way that lasts), through the 5 discoveries of self-directed learning; and
• How to build an emotionally intelligent organization, by addressing 3 key areas.
Who should read this:
• Leaders, managers, human resource and people-development professionals
• Anyone interested in psychology, or in improving your personal effectiveness, leadership skills and relationships