Prevent and reverse these common pitfalls that bring down great companies.
Every great institution trips at some point in its history. All companies, no matter how successful or established, can fail. The crux is to know you’re on the verge of a decline and to turn things around early.
Through 4 years of research, Collins discovers that most great companies fall through 5 stages of decline, which can be detected early and avoided. This book covers each of these stages, and how to prevent, detect or reverse the decline before it’s too late.
Here are some takeaways you can expect from the book:
• Understand why some great companies die, while others successfully recover from a fall;
• Find out what are the 5 stages of decline, their associated symptoms, and how you can detect them early or prevent a potential downfall; and
• Learn powerful leadership, management and strategy tips from case studies of companies like Motorola, Texas Instruments, Xerox, HP, IBM, and more.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 13-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 26-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 13-page text summary in pdf
Order your summary bundle now!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• CEOs and Business Leaders
• Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
• Consultants/ Strategists
Key words/concepts covered: Hubris from Success, Undisciplined Pursuit of More, Denial of Risk and Peril, Grasping for Salvation, Capitulation to Irrelevance or Death, Organizational Decline, Culture, Leadership, case studies, recovery, Jim Collins, How the Mighty Fall, Business Strategy
Like his prior research, Jim Collins looked at several companies and their direct comparisons to identify commonalities shared by the failing companies that were not present in the comparison (successful) companies. [Review from Goodreads]
Jeff Yoak –
I never cease to be amazed at how awesome Collins’ books are. In How The Mighty Fall, he addresses the patterns evident in great companies when they fall, and how those patterns might be identified and reversed early. [Review from Goodreads]