By Rick Hanson, Ph.D
Recent scientific discoveries have shed light on how our brains work, and why traditional Buddhist contemplative practices can awaken our minds and create positive change. In this book, the authors combine scientific research about our brain with practical tips that you can use to shape your neural structures and thus change your brain, to feel happier, more loved, and focused.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How you’ve equipped with certain coping mechanisms, why these are essential for your survival yet cause suffering;
• About your key body systems, how they respond to threats vs rewards, and how they affect your mental and emotional states;
• Tips and strategies to overcome your negativity bias and boost positive experiences to feel more calm and happy;
• How to cultivate empathy, compassion and loving kindness, to feel loved and surround yourself with love; and
• How you can become more mindful and direct your attention at will.
Who should read this:
• People seeking greater happiness, focus, peace, love and spiritual growth
• Anyone who’s interested in psychology, mindfulness and meditative practices.
$9.97 – $13.97