INSIDE REAL INNOVATION: How the Right Approach Can Move Ideas from R&D to Market – And Get the Economy Moving
by Eugene Fitzgerald and Andreas Wankerl
Innovation is a complex process, with many variables and forces at play. This book provides insights into the true processes behind innovation, and presents a universal model that explains how key stakeholders can contribute to, and benefit from, a robust innovation system.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The difference between fundamental innovation and incremental innovation;
• Why the lack of innovation is an underlying cause of the USA’s ailing economy and what it means for policy-makers;
• A comprehensive model that explains the relationship between stakeholders (innovators, investors, corporations, universities and governments), the macro-environment and the innovation process; and
• Useful tips and perspectives to think about and manage innovation in your organization.
Who should read this:
• Entrepreneurs, technopreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs
• Government agencies and policy-makers
• Corporate executives involved in new product development/ innovation
• Individual and corporate investors in tech startups
• Researchers, scientists, engineers and academia