by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, & John Willis
How technology is managed in a company can affect its competitiveness or even survival. DevOps helps organizations to overcome common challenges in IT teams, such as silos, multiple handovers, long lead times, inefficiencies and costly delays or outages. This book explains DevOps in detail, and provides a step-by-step guide to help organizations to implement their DevOps transformation–so they can deliver quality, secure, and reliable tech solutions for internal/external clients at a fraction of the time and cost.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• About the challenges faced in traditional IT setups, and how DevOps can help to overcome those challenges to significantly improve the quality, reliability, security, speed and efficiency of IT solutions for both internal and external customers.
• The history, concepts and theories behind DevOps, as well as the 3 core DevOps principles (the “Three Ways”): Principles of Flow, Principles of Feedback, and Principles of Continual Learning and Experimentation.
• About the step-by-step guide to create your DevOps transformation, including: how to apply the 3 sets of DevOps principles and technical practices in your organization, and integrate QA and InfoSec into each step of your technology value stream.
Who should read this:
• IT professionals, including developers, engineers, people in QA, Dev, IT Ops and InfoSec;
• Business owners, managers, and leaders who want to use IT more effectively in their organizations.