CREATIVITY, INC: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
By Ed Catmull
In a fast-changing world, it’s hard to innovate successfully and build a creative culture. In this book, Ed Catmull shares the behind-the-scenes secrets of 2 great companies–Pixar Animation and Disney Animation. He explains how creativity really works, and how you can build and maintain a creative, solutions-oriented organization.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The true story of how Pixar was born, and what it took to create its first successful animated film, over a 20-year journey;
• The ingredients for creativity, and why it’s so hard to achieve them in reality;
• The common barriers to creativity and innovation, and what it takes to overcome them;
• The behind-the-scene processes, efforts and struggles involved in creating a blockbuster animated film, along with the tools and mechanisms used at Pixar Animation to continually rejuvenate itself; and
• Inspiring insights into how great leaders work to unite their teams and unleash personal/ team creativity, and get a peek into some of the greatest creative minds at work.
Who should read this:
• Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, and Business/Corporate Leaders
• Innovators, Inventors, and Professionals in Product Development, Entertainment or Creative Industries
• Anyone interested to build a creative and solutions-oriented environment