Understand the crucial dilemmas and choices that can determine future of mankind
What’s mankind’s purpose on earth? What drives us today? Will we still exist a few centuries from now and how are our actions today defining our fate as a species?
Today, mankind has dominated the world, and largely conquered famine, plague and war. Yet, our pursuits of constant growth, lasting youth and happiness happiness could ironically lead to the end of mankind. This book helps us to understand how we came to dominate this world, presents the dilemmas we face as a species, and poses some tough questions that will determine our collective futures.
Here are some thought-provoking ideas you can takeaway from the book:
• Learn how our beliefs and religions have evolved over the centuries–from our hunter-gatherer ancestors to the agricultural and scientific revolutions–and why the beliefs and ideologies we hold today may be totally obsolete in the future;
• Confront the myths and facts about what humans are and aren’t: Are we special, enlightened beings with eternal souls and consciousness? Or are we just the dominant species at the moment, because of certain evolutionary traits? What does our relationship with other animals tell us about a world where humans are no longer the smartest species?
• Find out why humans’ ability to imagine, create stories and meaning has allowed us to become the dominant species on Earth. Learn how our webs of meaning have shaped our societies and systems, and what it means for our choices and future;
• Understand the complementary roles served by science and religion, and why it’s important for religions to understand technology to remain relevant in our modern societies;
• Understand some of the biggest dilemmas and challenges facing humankind today, including (a) the need for constant economic growth vs the risk of ecological collapse, (b) our belief in people as unique individuals vs the risk of losing ourselves to technology, and (c) our desire for longer lives and greater bliss vs the risk of progressively rigging our biology until we are no longer humans.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97):
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf;
• A 13-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 26-min audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf; and
• A 13-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Professionals or leaders in science/technology, social work, religion and government
• Anyone interested in personal development, religion, sciences and life purpose
Key words/concepts covered: Human Evolution, Agricultural Revolution, Scientific Revolution, Theism, Animism, Humanism, Science vs Religion, Technology, Future, Social Structure, Social algorithms, Capitalism, Homo Sapiens, Life Purpose, Global Challenges, Homo Deus, Yuval Noah Harari