Learn to uncover the hidden side of things with economics!
We tend to see things through our morals and ideals, when everything actually operates based on economic incentives and disincentives. By looking deeply into facts, numbers and statistics, we can uncover many hidden surprises behind conventional wisdoms, and learn how our world truly works. In Freakonomics, the authors Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner ask seemingly-strange questions across a range of topics (from crime to parenting), then use data to show that that things are often not what they seem.
Here are some of the the key insights you can expect from this summary by ReadinGraphics:
• Learn the vital role of incentives in driving human behavior and why people cheat;
• Understand the power of information and why/how experts exploit information asymmetry;
• Uncover the fallacy of conventional wisdom and why they are comforting but wrong;
• Discover how small, indirect and remote causes can trigger huge, unexpected outcomes; and
• Learn what being a perfect parent really means, and how your name may affect your life outcomes.
Who should read this:
• People who’re interested in economics, psychology and sociology
• Anyone interested to learn how the world truly works
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 14-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 26-min audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 14-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Key words/concepts covered: Problem Solving, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Freakonomics, Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner
There are no reviews yet.