Learn how to manage disappointing performance and behaviors, to achieve desired results and strengthen relationships.
How do you deal with disappointments, when others break promises, flout rules, miss expectations, or simply behave badly? This could involve a CFO who’s suspected of embezzling company funds, an employee who’s chronically late, or a daughter who lies about her late nights out. Such failed promises, missed expectations and poor behaviors can create feelings of disappointment that compound into chronic problems for families, teams and organizations. This book equips you with the skills to confront disappointing performance and behaviors, so you can solve problems, improve accountability, and strengthen relationships.
Here are some powerful takeaways you can expect from the book:
• Learn how you can effectively manage disappointing situations, when people behave badly, under-perform, break rules or don’t keep their promises;
• Find out how to identify the right issue to address in a complex situation, and how to master your own biases and stories;
• Know when you should make a stand vs remain silent;
• Uncover how to create a safe space for your conversation, and address the gap/ present your views without antagonizing others;
• Discover how to motivate others to want to take action and stick to their commitment;
• Find out how to handle the conversation when things make an unexpected turn or new issues crop up; and
• Learn how to follow up effectively to get the desired results.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf;
• A 14-page text/graphic summary in pdf; and
• A 25-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf; and
• A 14-page text/graphic summary in pdf
Order your summary bundle now!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Leaders and managers
• Anyone who wants to improve communications/ relationships, and be able to handle sensitive conversations effectively
Key concepts covered: Management, Leadership, Relationships, Disappointment, Performance Management, Accountability, Productivity, Communication, Negotiation, Persuasion, CPR approach, Path to Action, Six-cell model, 6 sources of influence, closing a gap, Motivation, WWWF framework, creating a safe space, Crucial Confrontations, Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler