Learn powerful strategies and tips to get more value from your negotiations!
Human negotiations are fundamentally about our primal, emotional desire to get what we want. That is why the same approach and techniques can work for hostage situations, buying a house and getting a pay raise alike. In this book, experienced FBI negotiator and award-winning teacher, Chris Voss, shares tried-and-tested techniques for negotiations that can be applied in a wide range of work and personal scenarios.
Here are some powerful tips and insights you can expect from the book:
• Learn active-listening skills, tips and tools that you can apply to build rapport;
• Find out what’s tactical empathy, and how to use labeling to validate someone’s emotions and diffuse negative feelings; ;
• Understand why you should invite someone to say “No”, how to extract it from your counterpart, and to move from “No” to “Yes”;
• Discover the 2 magic words that can transform any negotiation, and how to get them;
• Uncover how you can shape reality & perceptions, and find leverage in any situation to secure the best possible deal;
• Learn why and how to create the Illusion of Control, to nudge the other party to reach the conclusion you want;
• Understand why deals can unravel, and what you should do to ensure you secure a deal that is executed;
• Find out what to expect when you face professional negotiators, and how to prepare yourself;
• Discover how you can find Black Swans, or the “unknown unknowns”, to transform the outcome of your negotiations; and
• Learn how to put all these tips together into a 1-page negotiation sheet.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf;
• A 15-page text/graphic summary in pdf; and
• A 26-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or book summary infographic in pdf; and
• A 15-page text/graphic summary in pdf
Order your summary bundle now!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Leaders and managers
• People with responsibilities in sales and negotiations.
Keywords/Key concepts covered: Negotiation, Persuasion, Sales, Influence, Management, Motivation, Rapport, Trust, Tactical Empathy, Labeling, Shape Perceptions, Bend Reality, Illusion of Control, Calibrated Questions, Verbal and Non-Verbal Cues, Negotiation Styles, Types of Leverage, Akerman Plan, Black Swans, Never Split the Difference; Chris Voss