FINDING FLOW:The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life
By Mihaly Csikzentmihalyi
The book answers the questions: What is a good life? How anyone can create an excellent life? How to transform every-day activities into an opportunity for engagement, enjoyment and growth? It explains why happiness alone isn’t enough, and how “flow” can create true excellence and quality of life.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• Insights on how you are expending time and psychic energy in what you do, who you spend time with and where you place your intentions;
• Why work isn’t necessarily bad, and why leisure may not necessarily improve your quality of life; and
• How to transform your activities and relationships into opportunities for flow (and hence enjoyment, growth, and fulfillment).
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, educators, and people-development professionals
• Anyone interested in psychology, peak performance, and personal fulfillment