Find out why and how generalists can triumph in a complex, specialized world
In this book, David Epstein challenges conventional wisdom that success is best achieved through hyperspecialization, and children should be nurtured in a specific field as early as possible to give them a head-start. He uses stories and research studies to show why and how range can be equally (if not more) critical for long-term successes in a complex world.
If you find it hard to stick to a job or career path, this book shows that you’re not alone. And, if you’re already a specialist in a particular domain, this book offers interesting insights on how to expand your range to improve learning, creativity and innovation.
Here are some key takeaways you can expect from this summary by ReadinGraphics:
• Know the difference between kind vs wicked learning environments, and why you need to balance specialization with range. Understand the roles of wide-sampling, range and abstraction in learning, discovery, problem-solving, creativity and innovation.
• Learn specific learning strategies that’d improve long-term results, how to tackle unfamiliar problems, tap on the outsider advantage, and combine vertical with lateral thinking for maximum creativity.
• Find out how you can discover about yourself and identify your ideal career through short-term planning, experimentation, and late-specialization. Know when to drop familiar tools, quit your existing path, and improve your forecasting abilities.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 17-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 27-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 17-page text summary in pdf
Order your summary bundle now![Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Teachers, educators, trainers and people developers
• Anyone who wants to unlock their full potential or find their ideal career path
Keywords: Personal Development, Success, Potential, Learning and Development, Career, Range, Specialists, Generalists, David Epstein