THE COURAGE TO BE DISLIKED: How to Free Yourself, Change your Life and Achieve Real Happiness
by Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga
This book presents the key ideas and teachings of Adlerian psychology or “individual psychology” founded by Austrian psychologist Alfred Adler. It discusses concepts on self-acceptance, interpersonal relationships, personal growth, and personal freedom, to answer the question “How can you achieve true happiness?”
In this book summary, you’ll learn:
• What is Adlerian psychology and how it differs from other branches of psychology;
• The mindsets and behaviors to become self-reliant as an individual, and to live in harmony with society;
• Why your past doesn’t dictate your future, how you can gain freedom through personal responsibility, achieve real happiness through active contribution to your community, and give meaning to life.
Who should read this:
• People interested in Greek Philosophy and Adlerian Psychology.
• Anyone who wishes to find happiness, fulfillment, and meaning in life.