by T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II, MD
In many affluent societies, there’s a worrying growth in the rate of cancer, heart disease, and other chronic diseases. This book presents extensive scientific evidence that diet and nutrition can prevent, control and even reverse a wide range of such diseases, in a way that drugs and medication can’t. These findings come from The China Study (the most comprehensive study ever undertaken to explore the relationship between nutrition and disease), lab research on animals and various experiment/studies by doctors and practitioners involving real-life patients.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• About various types of food/nutrition and how they affect our health and disease;
• How cancer is developed and spread, know the link between protein and cancer and how you can prevent, control or reverse it with the right diet;
• The difference between plant-based foods and animal-based foods in terms of dietary fat, blood cholesterol, dietary fibre, antioxidants, proteins, carbohydrates, and the implication on a wide range diseases including heart disease, common cancers, obesity, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, osteoporosis, kidney stones, Alzheimer’s disease etc.; and
• How you can gain control of your own health through the 8 principles of eating right and 3 rules for a whole-food, plant-based (WFPB) diet.
Who should read this:
• Anyone interested in health and disease prevention.
• People in the healthcare, medical, food and nutrition industries.