OBVIOUSLY AWESOME: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It
by April Dunford
Positioning is critical in any business. It’s sales and marketing, which are in turn essential to any business’s survival. Yet, few people truly understand what’s positioning or how to do it. In this book, marketer and entrepreneur April Dunford explains positioning in simple terms, and shares a proven approach to find your product positioning in 10 steps.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How positioning creates a context to fundamentally shape how people see things;
• The signs of weak positioning, and find out why traditional positioning statements don’t work;
• A detailed walkthrough of 10 steps to find an effective product/company positioning, and identify 5 + 1 critical components underlying your positioning; and
• How to implement your positioning.
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, business owners, or entrepreneurs of startups and established companies; and
• Marketers, salespeople, and product developers