SO GOOD THEY CAN’T IGNORE YOU: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
By Cal Newport
Why do some people end up doing work that they love, while others don’t? This book answers this question and presents the variables, facts and myths behind fulfilling work. Newport shares 4 rules he discovered about how you can find and do work that you love.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• Why the mantra “follow your passion” doesn’t work and can even be dangerous;
• The 4-part process which you can use to think about and build a meaningful, fulfilling career;
• The Career Capital of Great Work and how/why you can build career capital to earn a great job;
• How to avoid the 2 control traps and progressively gain freedom and control over your work; and
• How to identify and realize your career mission, and love the work you do.
Who should read this:
• Educators, parents, career coaches, HR personnel, people developer
• People who are trying to find their calling or identify their ideal career.