By Malcolm Gladwell
In this book, Malcolm Gladwell presents scientific research, anecdotes, and expert insights to explain how we use “thin-slicing” to draw conclusions in the blink of an eye. He presents the power and pitfalls of snap judgments, and how we can deliberately improve the quality and accuracy of our decisions.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How rapid cognition and thin-slicing work, and why snap judgments can be as effective as those made from lengthy deliberations;
• Why your instincts might mislead you, when to trust your instincts (and when not to); and
• How to improve intuitive decision-making through structured spontaneity, training and managing external cues.
Who should read this:
• Leaders, managers, and professionals who must make rapid judgments frequently.
• Anyone who’s interested in psychology, improving decision-making or critical thinking.
$9.97 – $13.97