SIX THINKING HATS®
By Edward de Bono
“Six Thinking Hats®” is a powerful technique that helps us to explore different perspectives towards a complex situation or challenge. It simplifies thinking by creating focus on one thing at a time, and allows us to engineer switches in thinking without offending others. It has been proven to significantly reduce meeting times, improve the quality and speed of brain-storming and decision-making, and improve thinking productivity.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The concept of “Parallel Thinking” and how you can improve the quality of thinking and decisions while saving time;
• How you can integrate facts and intuition, optimism and caution, processes and creativity, in a structured way for sound decision-making; and
• How you can effect a change in behaviour without offending people.
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, and executives at all levels of the organization;
• Anyone interested in improving decision-making skills, critical thinking skills, or problem-solving skills.