Uncover the surprising facts about sleep and how it affects all aspects of your mental, emotional and physical health & well-being!
All animal—including humans—sleep. The question is, why?
Sleep boosts our mental, emotional and physical health and capabilities in ways that no amount of drugs or medical interventions can provide. On the other hand, insufficient sleep reduces our learning, memory and cognitive abilities, causes brain impairment and increases the risks of numerous diseases from cancer to diabetes, coronary heart diseases and even death.
In this book, neuroscientist and sleep expert Dr Matthew Walker presents groundbreaking discoveries about sleep to help us understand what is sleep, how it works, why you should sleep, and how you can improve your quantity and quality of sleep.
Here are some of the key takeaways you can expect from this summary:
• Understand what is sleep, what’s the difference between REM vs NREM sleep, how sleep cycles work, and what affects your daily wakefulness and sleepiness;
• Find out how your sleep needs and patterns change across your lifespan, know if you’re sleeping optimally or are sleep-deprived, and what you can do about it;
• Uncover the benefits of sleep and dreams on your brain, body, creativity and emotional health, and get the scary facts about what sleep-deprivation is really doing to your mind and body; and
• Learn how to overcome sleep obstacles, and improve sleep quality and quantity at individual, educational, organizational, public and societal levels.
Who should read this:
• Organizational and governmental leaders
• Parents, educators, governmental or social
• Anyone interested in improving your mental-psychological-emotional health and personal potential
Key words/concepts covered: Health, Wellness, Well-Being, Disease, Personal Effectiveness, Brain Potential, Memory, Creativity, Sleep Disorders, Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 16-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 25-min audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 16-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]