Learn to think in systems and solve complex problems more effectively!
We live in a complex world of inter-locking systems. Unless we can understand how systems operate, we can’t identify and address the root problem causes. We’ll be like the proverbial blind men, each touching a different part of an elephant and drawing different conclusions about what an elephant is like. In this book, Donella Meadows explains how we can use systems-thinking to understand how things work, identify root problem causes, see new opportunities, make better decisions and adapt to changing circumstances.
Here are some of the the key takeaways you can expect from this summary:
• Learn the definition and key parts of a system, including elements, connections, stocks, flows, and feedback loops;
• Understand how system structures affect system behaviors, including the impact of time lags, renewable vs non-renewable stocks, and drivers; and
• Find out how to apply systems thinking effectively, including how to (i) build effective systems with 3 key characteristics, (ii) overcome thinking gaps that cause us to make wrong estimates and decisions, (iii) identify systems traps and opportunities and (iv) change systems effectively through leverage points.
Who should read this:
• Leaders, analysts and decision-makers from any profit, non-profit or governmental organizations
• Anyone interested to improve decision-making and problem-solving skills
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 13-page text summary in pdf; and
• An audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 13-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Key words/concepts covered: Decision Making, Problem Solving, Systems Thinking, Economics, Sociology, Policy, Thinking in Systems, Donella Meadows