by Dr. Jessamy Hibberd
Do you often feel like you’re not worthy of success and or what you’ve achieved? Are you constantly afraid that others will find out that you aren’t really as capable as they think you are? These are all symptoms of the imposter syndrome, which affects 70% of people at some point in their lives. In this book, clinical psychologist Dr. Jessamy Hibberd provides a step-by-step guide to help you understand and overcome the imposter syndrome.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• What’s the Imposter Syndrome, where it comes from, how it works, and associated beliefs and responses (e.g. overworking and avoidance)
• How your underlying beliefs and coping strategies may reinforce one another to create a self-fulfilling prophecy and a vicious cycle.
• How out to replace old/unhelpful beliefs with new/helpful ones. Learn specific strategies to tackle each of the elements perpetuating the imposter syndrome (e.g. secrecy, fear of failure, self-criticism, self-doubt, perfectionism, discounting positives, magnifying negatives) and start to shift your thinking and approach.
Who should read this:
• Leaders, coaches, trainers, and human resource (HR) personnel
• Anyone who wishes to improve your confidence or overcome the imposter syndrome