by Matthew Dixon, Nick Toman, Rick DeLisi
We love stories about amazing customer service and employees who go out of the way to create a “wow” experience. But, good stories don’t always translate to good strategies. In this book, the authors present extensive research data to show what truly drives customer loyalty (and what doesn’t). They present 4 surprising findings to show that the best way to win customers’ loyalty isn’t to delight them, but to provide an effortless experience.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The truth about customer loyalty through 4 global research findings. Learn why you should focus on reducing customer effort, rather than increasing customer satisfaction and delight;
• The 4 pillars used by “low-effort service organizations” to create an effortless experience for customers: make self-service simple and sticky, minimize the need for repeat calls, reduce customers’ perceived effort and empower your reps to exercise their “control quotient”; and
• How to start designing and implementing an effortless experience in your organization, with practical steps that will allow you to start making progress immediately.
Who should read this:
• Managers, Business leaders and owners, service trainers and consultants
• Anyone with responsibilities in customer service, including call center operations and customer service reps or managers