by Carla A. Harris
We face different challenges at different phases of our career. Fresh graduates may feel unsure about which career to pursue or what to focus on. After working for 5-10 years, professionals often find themselves struggling with changes and uncertainties, or to re-orientate themselves for personal and professional success. These difficulties are further compounded by dynamic environments and financial downturns. In this book, Carla Harris helps you to develop your career strategy, position yourself for your dream job, figure out the next steps for your career progression.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How to develop an overall career strategy over 6-8 modules, define the ideal content, job options, skills and qualifications required, to move systematically toward your dream job;
• How to start out with the right foundation by figuring out your first steps, becoming a truly attractive candidate, and positioning yourself with the right skills/exposure.
• How you can step up and manage your career by deliberately working with a career agenda, accumulating performance and relationship currencies, communicating effectively and managing your work profile to thrive in the right environment; and
• How you can start over in a new job or career: know when to make a shift, how to manage involuntary changes and reposition yourself.
Who should read this:
• People who wish to make meaningful progress in their careers, especially those in the early or mid stages of their careers
• Career coaches, career counsellors, and professionals in talent development or people development