SET BOUNDARIES, FIND PEACE: A Guide to Reclaiming Yourself
by Nedra Glover Tawwab
Boundaries define roles, expectations, and acceptable behaviors in relationships. A lack of boundaries can lead to unhealthy relationships, to create pain, exhaustion or burnout. In this book, licensed therapist Nedra Glover Tawwab explains what boundaries are, and how you can establish healthy boundaries to enhance your relationships and well-being.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• What are boundaries: The 3 types of boundaries, signs that you need healthier boundaries, and types of boundary violations.
• How to set and maintain boundaries: To communicate your needs and expectations clearly, uphold your boundaries, address 6 types of boundary violations, address the discomforts of setting boundaries, and build self-discipline and self-respect.
• How to apply healthy boundaries to at home, in romantic relationships, friendships, work, and technology.
Who should read this:
• Anyone who wants to improve their mental-emotional well-being and relationship health.
• Parents, educators, therapists and counsellors