by Deepak Malhotra & Max H. Bazerman
Negotiation skills are essential for success in all areas of life. The goal of negotiation isn’t to achieve win-win outcomes, but to create value such that both sides are better off with an agreement than without. A negotiation genius is someone who can (i) consistently negotiate successful deals while (ii) preserving his integrity/reputation and (iii) strengthening the relationship. In this book, Deepak Malhotra and Max Bazerman present the proven negotiation framework and tools that they’ve been teaching and applying in execution programs and real-world organizations. By learning and practicing these principles, strategies and tactics, you too can become a negotiation genius!
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The difference between claiming and creating value, and how you can achieve both in your negotiations;
• A range of negotiation strategies and tactics, including what to do before, during and after negotiations. Find out how to prepare in advance, glean vital information, navigate the negotiations, create value deliberately, and haggle like a pro. .
• How you can handle various real-world challenges in negotiation, including: avoiding and using irrational behaviors from mental-emotional biases, using and countering strategies of influence, overcoming common blind spots, managing lies, deception and ethical dilemmas, negotiating from a position of weakness, or handling the situation if discussions turn ugly.
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, trainers and consultants
• Anyone who wants to improve negotiation and influence skills
$9.97 – $13.97