by Susan David, PhD
At times, all of us get so fixated on unhelpful thoughts or feelings that we close ourselves off to alternatives and new possibilities. We may stick rigidly to the same path even if it leads to unhappiness, unproductive behaviors, anxiety or even depression. In this book, psychologist Dr Susan David explains how you can develop emotional agility to manage difficult feelings, cope with change and uncertainty, build fulfilling relationships, make positive changes, achieve your goals, and live life to the fullest.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The difference between “emotional rigidity” and “emotional agility”, and how you get stuck or “hooked” to unproductive feelings, behaviors and patterns.
• How to get unstuck or unhooked in 4 steps: Show Up to your feelings, Step Out to see the big picture, Walk your Why by focusing on core values and long-term goals, and Move On through tiny steps and continual improvement.
• How to apply emotional agility at the workplace, and raise emotionally agile children.
Who should read this:
• Coaches, trainers, leaders, managers, and people responsible for people development.
• Anyone who wishes to improve their mental-emotional wellness, self-management skills, and emotional intelligence.