by Tiago Forte
Do you sometimes struggle to absorb new information or recall something important? In this book, Tiago Forte provides a step-by-step walkthrough of how you can leverage technology to build a “Second Brain”—a digital information management system to help you remember, retrieve and fully utilize all sorts of information. This improves your productivity, your creativity, and your ability to achieve any goal.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The characteristics, capabilities, and benefits of a Second Brain;
• The 4-step CODE process—Capture, Organize, Distill, Express—to help you develop a Second Brain systematically. You’ll also learn about the PARA Organizing System, Progressive Summarization Technique, and how to capture and retrieve “Intermediate Packets” (or useful work-in-progress);
• How to apply CODE in relation to the creative Divergence-Convergence Loop required for creativity, and uncover the 3 key habits to keep your second brain organized.
Who should read this:
• People who work in the creative space (e.g. writers, music professionals), or have the habit of taking notes of their learning journey.
• Anyone who wishes to improve their creativity, learning ability, and productivity.