by Renée Mauborgne & W. Chan Kim
The Blue Ocean Strategy (first published in 2005) has helped helped many organizations to make the leap from cut-throat “red oceans” to wide-open “blue oceans”. In this book, Professors Renée Mauborgne and W. Chan Kim organize the blue ocean tools and frameworks into a systematic 5-step process, with specific tips on how to mobilize your people for a smooth transition. These powerful insights can be used by any organization—be it profit, non-profit or public sectors—to make the shift from an existing, crowded market to a new, uncontested one.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The key principles and concepts that allow you to create a new frontier where you can concurrently increase value and reduce costs to create a quantum leap in buyer value;
• The insights to powerful tools and frameworks to get an overview of your existing portfolio strength (and weaknesses), establish your current state of play, identify untapped opportunities and demand, craft strategic moves, engage your stakeholders and select/implement your Blue Ocean Move; and
• The detailed 5-step process to systematically make your blue ocean shift, including (i) tools and frameworks to be applied at each phase and (ii) specific tips to gather your team’s inputs, involve and engage them in the entire process.
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, and consultants
• Entrepreneurs and business owners