Master the science of self-control to master your life!
All of us have missed our goals at some point because we gave in to distractions or temptations, or failed to do what we should. Why is it so hard to exercise self-control or resist temptations? In this book, Stanford University psychologist and educator, Kelly McGonigal, explains willpower using insights from economics, psychology, neuroscience, and medicine, and provides tested strategies to help you improve self-control, overcome distraction, temptation and procrastination.
Here are the powerful takeaways you can expect from this summary by ReadinGraphics:
• Understand the 3 components of willpower (I will, “I won’t” and I want) that determine if you can exercise self-control when you need it.
• Learn why you lose self-control due to the effects of your brain and body, how willpower works like muscles, how we give ourselves the license to sin, how we confuse desire and happiness, how giving in to indulgences makes us feel worse, why we make bad long-term decisions, how willpower is affected by social influences, and why suppressing/denying your feelings or impulses will only backfire.
• Find out what you can do about each of the factors above, including a list of practical exercises and strategies to help you develop self-awareness and address real-life challenges.
You can choose from 2 summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 19-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 30-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 19-page text summary in pdf
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• People who wish to improve willpower/self-control to improve their success and overcome distraction, temptation and procrastination;
• Coaches, trainers and people-developers.
Key words/concepts covered: Personal Development, Psychology, Self-Control, Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Addiction, Dopamine, Science, Habits, Motivation, Productivity, Procrastination, Neuroscience, Brain Science, Perseverance, Diet, Happiness, The Willpower Instinct, Kelly McGonigal
There are no reviews yet.