by John M. Gottman
Based on decades of scientific research, Dr John Gottman has identified 7 principles for behind happy marriages, and tested them through a series of workshops and real-life applications. This is a detailed guidebook in which he explains the myths of marriage failure, the truth behind marital success, and the seven principles for making marriage work. The book provides a blend of concepts, empirical research, and step-by-step activities that any couple can use to strengthen their foundation of their marriage.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• To debunk myths about why marriages fail, and learn the signs that predict marital breakdown;
• The ingredients behind happy marriages, and the 7 key principles that make marriage work; and
• The practical tips and exercises that you can apply to strengthen your relationship, or to improve an unhappy marriage.
Who should read this:
• Marital therapists, counselors and relationship coaches; and
• Anyone interested in improving your relationships or marriage.