THE NOW HABIT: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
by Neil A. Fiore
All of us have tasks or goals that we tend to delay or escape from. Common advice to “work harder”, “just do it” or “get organized” don’t work because they fail to address the root of the issue: procrastination is actually a coping mechanism that we use to deal with the stress and anxiety associated with certain tasks and our self-image. So, the only way to eliminate it is to tackle those underlying fears and self-condemnation. This book presents strategies and tools that can help anyone to overcome procrastination, improve your quality of work, and free up guilt-free time to play and relax.
In this summary you’ll learn:
• Why we procrastinate, and what it takes to address the root causes behind procrastination.
• How you procrastinate, including when/what you procrastinate on, the thoughts/feelings/excuses associated with certain tasks and how you avoid them;
• The 11 powerful strategies and tools you can apply immediately to start overcoming your procrastination, reprogram your habits, improve your productivity and self-esteem; and
• How you can manage procrastinators in your life, both at work and at home.
Who should read this:
• People who’re interested in personal productivity, peak performance and time management skills
• Anyone who wants to improve self-management skills and overcome procrastination or inertia