Master data visualization skills to communicate clearly and persuasively with data!
Data is essential for understanding trends/insights and for making sound decisions. Unfortunately, it’s often presented in a boring, confusing or even misleading way. Data visualization skills can allow you to present your ideas/proposals more persuasively, communicate findings clearly to facilitate decision-making, and stand out as a job candidate or employee. In this book, Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic explains how you can use data to tell a clear and compelling story in 6 steps (including concepts, principles, tips, examples and diagrams).
Here are some of the key takeaways you can expect from this summary by ReadinGraphics:
• Understand the context of your communication, including your Who-what-how, core message and storyline;
• Find out which types of visual displays to consider, which ones to avoid, and the dos and don’ts for your visuals;
• Learn about the Gestalt Principles and other useful principles to eliminate visual clutter;
• Find out how people read or process materials, and how you can use a range of preattentive attributes to direct your audience’s focus to the right place and with the right sequence to achieve your goal;
• Uncover how you can think like a designer and master the principles of Affordances, Accessibility, Aesthetics, and Acceptance.
• Learn how to construct your story with a 3-part narrative arc, and to strengthen it with several strategies.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 15-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 26-min audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page graphic summary, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 15-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Analysts, managers, leaders, professionals and students who must communicate with data
• Anyone who wishes to improve business presentation skills, or convey a message effectively using data/statistics
Key words/concepts covered: Business, Professional Development, Data Visualization, Storytelling, Presentation, Communication, Data, Visualization, Persuasion, Career, Graphs, Charts, Analytics, Information, Statistics, Management, Design, Storytelling with Data, Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic