by Angela Duckworth
Grit has been found to be a stronger predictor of high-achievement than intelligence, talent and several other personality traits. In this book, Angela Duckworth explains what is grit and how you can cultivate grit in both yourself and others to accomplish more in life.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• Why talent and intelligence are less predictive of success than grit (the combination of passion and perseverance);
• How grit relates to other psychological concepts behind achievement and success, such as flow, optimism, and the growth mindset; and
• The 4 key ingredients of grit—interest, practice, purpose and hope—and how you can develop them from inside-out and from outside-in.
Who should read this:
• Anyone who wants to understand and develop the psychology of success
• Leaders, educators and parents who wish to nurture grit and success mindsets in others