By Brené Brown
All human beings have a fundamental need for connection, love, and belonging. Yet, we fear rejection and are afraid we’re not good enough. We try to hide our vulnerabilities, only to create a greater disconnect with our families, communities, and work. Based on 12 years of research, this book explains the concept of vulnerability, and how to embrace it for wholehearted living and fulfilling connections.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• What are Scarcity, Vulnerability and Shame, and how they affect you;
• The 4 elements of shame resilience and how to combat shame;
• How gender differences affect the triggers and response to shame, how these affects our relationships and what we can do about it;
• The different types of masks and armours that we use to protect ourselves, and how to break through them to engage bravely; and
• The disengagement divide, how to rehumanize education & work, and be wholehearted parents to our children.
Who should read this:
• Parents, educators, and people-development professionals
• Social workers and counsellors
• Leaders, managers, and human resource professionals
• Anyone interested in improving your relationships and self-worth