ATOMIC HABITS: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones
by James Clear
To succeed in any area, we need to build good habits and remove bad ones. Yet, most of us aren’t even aware of our habits, much less how to change them. In Atomic Habits, James Clear presents insights from cognitive and behavioral sciences to help us understand how habits are formed, and how we can use a 4-step plan to create better habits in any area of life.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The 4 steps to habits formation: cue, craving, response and reward;
• The 4 laws (with specific strategics/techniques) that you can apply to break bad habits and forge good ones; and
• How to maximize your potential using atomic habits, including how to (i) maximize the compound effect from good habits, (ii) change most effectively from the inside out, (iii) align your habits with your strengths and contexts, (iv) stay motivated and (v) continually grow and improve.
Who should read this:
• Coaches, trainers, parents & teachers.
• Anyone interested in personal development and building new habits.