ZERO TO ONE: Notes on Startups or How to Build the Future
By Peter Thiel
Companies like Google, Paypal, Amazon and Telsa became so successful not by copying others, but by creating something totally new, and in so doing, fundamentally changed our world. They moved from 0 to 1, and carved out a monopoly for themselves. This book shares how they achieved that, and how you can get there as a startup.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How to uncover “secrets” or truths behind widely-held (but incorrect) beliefs that are relevant for business;
• How to move from zero to one and build a creative monopoly like Google; and
• The 4 characteristics of monopolies, the 3-step process to building a monopoly, and how to set up the right foundation for your long-term success.
Who should read this:
• Entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, startup founders, and investors.
• Business leaders, consultants, and anyone interested in business strategy and innovation