Discover how to cultivate leaders in all levels of your organization to create sustainable results!
Traditional leadership models are based on a top-down, leader-follower approach. This limits the organization’s potential to the abilities and competence of 1 single leader, and is highly ineffective in a complex, fast-moving world. Turn the Ship Around! tells the story of how Captain David Marquet adopted a different leader-leader model to transform the USS Santa Fe from the worst-performing submarine in its fleet to the best. This approach can be applied to any organization to unlock the energy and potential of people at all levels.
The leader-leader model recognizes that everyone has the ability and potential to lead. It taps on individual potential at all levels, reduces dependency on a single leader and delivers sustained performance. This model can be applied to any organization and leadership level—it allows senior leaders to unlock the energy and potential of their people, and helps junior/middle leaders to step up in a way that encourages their bosses to let go.
Here are some key takeaways you can expect from this summary by ReadinGraphics:
• Find out how the leader-leader approach is different from a leader-follower approach;
• Learn the 3 critical components for implementing the leader-leader model, and the 3 sets of mechanisms you can use to roll this out in your organization; and
• Understand how the implementation process could look like by following Marquet’s leadership journey–the struggles insights and learning points he experienced as he took on the challenge of turning around the Santa Fe ship and crew.
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 13-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 24-min audio summary in mp3.
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 13-page text summary in pdf.
ORDER YOUR SUMMARY BUNDLE NOW!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, executives, and teamwork/strategy consultants
• Leaders looking for tools and mechanisms to empower their teams to perform at higher levels
Key words/concepts covered: Business, Organizational Structure, Teamwork, Management, Leadership, Leader-Leader, Leader-Follower, Navy, Empowerment, Decentralized control, Clarity, Competence, Decision-Making, Turn the Ship Around, David Marquet