NECESSARY ENDINGS: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move Forward
by Dr. Henry Cloud
Endings—be it the death of a loved one, a divorce, or a job change—are an inevitable part of life. Yet, they make us uncomfortable because it’s human nature to avoid loss, pain and uncertainty. When we avoid endings or handle them badly, we get stuck in problematic situations, miss out on opportunities, and repeat the same mistakes. In this book, Dr. Henry Cloud presents specific strategies and tools to help us navigate necessary endings, and move on at the right time.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• The 3 types of necessary endings and how to apply them in all aspects of life;
• To diagnose if someone deserves more of your time/effort or if an ending is necessary; and
• How to adapt to life’s seasons and cycles, become aware of the mental maps that are holding you back, embrace reality and the need for change, make and sustain changes, and master the skills/strategies to execute endings effectively.
Who should read this:
• Coaches, counsellors, and therapists.
• Anyone who wishes to get unstuck, break away from toxic people or negative patterns, and move forward in life or business.