Use the 6 STEPPS to create contagious content that spread naturally!
Social influences and word-of-mouth drive 20-50% of all purchasing decisions. Word-of-mouth is more effective than traditional advertising in promoting all sorts of content, be it a new product, social change or a new concept/idea. The question is: Why do some products and ideas spread like wildfire while others fail to catch on? This book presents the 6 STEPPS or ingredients for viral content, uncovered from 10 years of research and experiments by Wharton marketing professor Jonah Berger. These insights are relevant for anyone who wants to build awareness, spread ideas or grow a customer base more effectively.
Here are the powerful insights you’ll take away from this summary:
• Understand the myths and misconceptions of social contagion, and how word-of-mouth truly works;
• Learn the 6 STEPPS to make any content more contagious, including
(i) How to create Social Currency by making your product/idea remarkable, and leveraging game mechanics, scarcity and exclusivity.
(ii) How to create/use effective Triggers to keep your product/idea top-of-mind;
(iii) How to kindle high-arousal Emotions that will get people sharing;
(iv) How to create social proof by making the private choices/behaviors Public and visible;
(v) How to make your content’s Practical Value stand out; and
(vi) How to integrate your message into powerful Stories in a way that people will pass on.
Who should read this:
• Anyone responsible for marketing, communications, or business development/growth
• Leaders of any organization (profit, non-profit, government, charity or education) who wish to promote a product, idea, or grow a customer base
You can choose from 2 ReadinGraphics summary bundles including:
1. Graphic + Text + Audio bundle ($13.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf;
• A 12-page text summary in pdf; and
• A 27-min audio summary in mp3
2. Graphic + Text bundle ($9.97)
• A one-page reading graphic, or infographic summary in pdf; and
• A 12-page text summary in pdf
Order your summary bundle now!
[Note: You can also enjoy this summary through our Subscription Plans]
Keywords: word-of-mouth, social influence, social contagion, virality, marketing, communications, publicity, Contagious, Jonah Berger