Book Summary – The Go-Giver: A Little Story about a Powerful Business Idea
In a brutally competitive world where everyone seems to be fighting to earn more and achieve greater success, “The Go-Giver” offers an alternative set of business success principles built on giving and adding value to others. These laws were originally written to help businesses to increase sales and profits, but were found to also improve relationships and success in life.
In this article, we’ll briefly summarize the “5 laws of stratospherical success” and how they can impact your business and personal life. For a detailed outline of the fable and the full tips on the 5 laws, do get a copy of the book or our complete book summary bundle.
The Go-Giver is a fable about an ambitious young man, Joe, who propelled himself to phenomenal success after he learned and applied the “Five Laws of Stratospheric Success” from a famous consultant and several go-givers (who were also extremely successful in their businesses/career).
Here are the 5 Laws in a nutshell:
• The Law of Value: Your real worth is defined by how much more value you give than how much you get paid. Before thinking about profits, first ask yourself, does this serve others? A great business delivers unbelievable value; when you you focus on giving value as a way of life, the money will naturally follow.
• The Law of Compensation: Your income is decided by the number of people you serve and how well you serve them. The bigger your impact, the more money you’ll actually earn.
• The Law of Influence: Your influence is defined by how often and how much you focus on others’ interests first. The best way to build strong relationships is to focus 100% on helping the other person, without keeping track of how much others owe you or how much they gain. When you add value to others freely, people are naturally attracted to you, like you and want you to succeed, and you essentially build an army of personal ambassadors.
• The Law of Authenticity. The biggest and most valuable gift you can offer is yourself. Every human being craves genuine connections and relationships. Hence, the best gift you can offer someone is your authenticity, simply by being yourself rather than pretending to be someone else. No amount of manipulation skills or techniques can be as effective or valuable as your authenticity and sincerity.
• The Law of Receptivity. To give effectively, you must be open to receive. Giving and receiving are 2 sides of the same coin. There can be no act of giving without a concurrent act of receiving, just like how you cannot exhale without inhaling. Practice receiving–the next time someone pays you a compliment, simply accept it graciously by saying “thank you” with a smile.
These 5 laws are brought to life in the book through the easy-to-read fable and its characters. In our full 9-page book summary, we provide a detailed overview of the fable, the key lessons and tips on the 5 laws (including insights on applying the go-giver approach), and other lessons that can be gleaned from the story.
OTHER DETAILS IN THE BOOK TO LOOK OUT FOR
After the original book was published, it grew into a movement. Readers started to share how they used the 5 laws to turn around their businesses with more sales and happier customers, improve their marriages and parenting. For more details, do get a copy of the book /our full book summary or visit http://thegogiver.com/.
Learn the 5 Laws to gain massive success in your business & relationships!
Share this article
- Book Summaries
- Business & Management Tips
- Happiness & Motivation
- Personal development
- Useful Resources