Many people dream of an extraordinary life, but end up settling for a mediocre one. No matter where you are in life—whether you’re struggling to overcome a major setback or ready to move to new heights—The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod provides you with a simple, proven method to improve your life and achieve all your dreams and goals. In The Miracle Morning summary, we’ll briefly outline these ideas and the 6 Life S.A.V.E.R.S. to start transforming your life. For the full details, examples and tips, do get a copy of the book, or get a detailed overview with our complete book summary bundle.
The Miracle Morning: Key Ideas
When we look at newborn babies, we believe that they can grow up to be whoever and whatever they want to be. Yet, when we grow up, we settle for less than what we want.
Many people are unhappy with their lives—from their jobs to their weight, finances and relationships. Or, they may excel in 1 area of their life (e.g. career) and settle for mediocrity in other areas.
Take a minute to rate each aspect of your life, e.g. love, money, success, health, happiness, and freedom. Are you living at Level 10 in every area of your life?
Living to your full potential means thriving in every aspect of your life and fulfilling all of your goals and dreams. Hal Elrod shares how he bounced back from death, crippling injuries and career setbacks, and how he used The Miracle Morning (TMM) to unlock his full potential. This approach has since been used by thousands of people from all walks of life to become a global movement.
No matter how bad your circumstances are, know that you can turn things around if you set your heart and mind to it.
Digest these powerful tips in minutes with our summary & infographic!
Waking up to your True Potential
Elrod discovered the Miracle Morning after he hit rock bottom for the second time in his life in less than 10 years. He realized that he wanted Level 10 successes, but had been unable to achieve them because his own personal development was only at Level 3 or 4. Once he set aside time each morning to develop himself, he was able to turn around every aspect of his life.
In our full version of The Miracle Morning summary (click here for full 14-page summary), we’ll share more details about:
• Elrod’s personal journey and how he overcame multiple setbacks in a short period of time;
• Insights on what it takes to live to your full potential; and
• How to design your Miracle Mornings with the 6 Life S.A.V.E.R.S.
For now, we’ll just zoom in on a few key ideas from the book:
One of the hardest things to do is to overcome our own excuses. This is why only 5% of people gain financial success and freedom, while the 95% majority struggle their whole lives. In our complete The Miracle Morning summary (get full book summary here), we’ll elaborate more on the pitfalls that lead to mediocrity, and the principles for getting to the top 5%.
Essentially, your level of success can never exceed your level of personal development. Who you are on the inside—including your beliefs, perspectives and attitudes—decides how you think and act, and thus the results you achieve. Define what your Level 10 physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual lives should look like, then keep working toward it.
How you start your day sets the tone for how the rest of your day unfolds. It creates a disproportionate impact on your results. In our complete book summary, we also explain the (i) 5-step strategy to wake up without snoozing, and (ii) the principles to wake up right to feel focused, energized and productive.
The Miracle Morning: 6 Life S.A.V.E.R.S. Practices
The Miracle Morning is simply about waking up an hour earlier and devoting that time to develop yourself. Specifically, there are 6 Life S.A.V.E.R.S. practices that help you to transform your inner world, and thus transform your external circumstances. This approach works for everyone, regardless of your schedule or whether you’re a “morning person”. You can set aside 10 minutes for each component, or customize the routine according to your lifestyle and goals.
Practice #1: Silence
Start your morning with purposeful Silence: center yourself and create an optimum frame of mind to face the rest of your day. When you deliberately silence your mind, it creates many health and performance benefits, from stress reduction to better concentration and metabolism. It also improves self-awareness and clarity. Instead of feeling hectic, stressed or lethargic, you’ll find yourself feeling calm, peaceful and rejuvenated.
• Elrod personally combines several components for this practice: meditation, prayer, reflection, deep breathing and gratitude. You can mix and match them as you wish.
• There are 2 types of meditations: (i) guided meditations (where you listen to someone’s instructions to direct your thoughts and focus) and (ii) self meditations (where you do it alone without assistance).
Here are the suggested steps for the Miracle Morning meditation:
1. Prepare yourself mentally. Be fully present in the now, letting go of your worries of the past or future. Allow yourself to just “be”, without the compulsive need to think or do something.
2. Find a quiet and comfortable location. Don’t do this in bed. Ideally, have a place outside your bedroom (e.g. your living room sofa) that you can use every morning.
3. Sit upright and cross-legged. You can use a chair or pillow for extra comfort. Close your eyes or focus on the ground 2ft ahead.
4. Focus on your breathing. Breathe slowly and deeply into your belly (not your chest). Inhale from your nose for 3 seconds, hold it for 3 seconds, then exhale from your mouth for 3 seconds. If any thoughts pop up, just acknowledge them, let them go, and refocus on your breathing.
5. Enjoy this time with yourself. You can imagine inhaling soothing, positive energy, and exhaling stressful, negative energy. You can also incorporate words of what you’d like to receive from or give to the world e.g. “I breathe in love… I breathe out peace.”
Get our full summary and infographic for more details and tips!
Life S.A.V.E.R.S Practices #2-6
Here’s a quick overview of the remaining 5 Life S.A.V.E.R.S. practices. Do get our complete 14-page summary for more tips/details:
• Practice #2: Affirmations. Manage your self-talk or sub-conscious programming, which affects your state of mind, performance and results.
• Practice #3: Visualizations. Mentally rehearse your successes in your mind until you can create those results in the real world.
• Practice #4: Exercise. This boosts your energy levels, health and concentration.
• Practice #5: Reading. Learn from people who’ve already achieved what you aspire to achieve.
• Practice #6: Scribing. Make it a habit to document your ideas, insights, achievements, breakthroughs or opportunities, and to review them regularly.
Installing The Miracle Morning Habit
In our full version of The Miracle Morning summary, we also explain:
• Suggested ways to tailor or customize your daily routine; and
• Why the next 30 days are crucial for you to start developing these life-transforming habits (and what you can expect).
You can can also download the The Miracle Morning 30-Day Life Transformation Challenge Fast Start Kit from TMMbook.com and follow the instructions there.
The key is to start now. Don’t wait!
Other Details in “The Miracle Morning”
This book is full of inspiring stories and testimonials of people who have successfully changed their lives with The Miracle Morning. Hal Elrod also offers words of encouragement to address your concerns and help you get started. Do get a copy of the book for the full details, get our full book summary bundle for an overview of the various ideas and tips, or check out more details and resources at www.miraclemorning.com.
Use The Miracle Morning to start transforming your life, 1 morning at a time!
Click here to download The Miracle Morning summary & infographic