If you live to 80 years old, you only have 4,000 weeks on Earth. Rather than cram more into your life, how can you live each day more meaningfully? This book offers a new perspective on productivity and time management--Burkeman suggests that the solution is to stop trying to manage time as a resource. Instead, accept that you have a finite amount of time on Earth, and consciously choose what to do with it.
In this summary, you'll learn:
• Why modern time-management and productivity strategies and techniques don't work, and how they make you feel more busy and overwhelmed.
• How our perspective of time and time-use has changed over the generations, resulting in our constant struggle today with too much to do in too little time.
• How you can make a fundamental shift to live a more fulfilling, purpose-driven life, by adopting various philosophies, strategies and approaches.
Who should read this:
• Anyone who's feeling time-strapped, stressed, overwhelmed, or burned out.
• People who're interested in personal growth, philosophy, or in improving their happiness and mental-emotional well-being.
The use of graphics in the summary is truly amazing and makes all the difference, particularly when it comes to stuff that’s easier explained by a chart or diagram.
All Access Subscriber
of summary infographics purchased every day
I can take in an entire book and its concepts and tools at-a-glance. The infographic images are spot on and cover the entire content. I can print the infographic poster size to put on my wall and study