DIGITAL MINIMALISM: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
by Cal Newport
In a digital age, most people enjoy the use of technology, yet feel overwhelmed by it. Digital Minimalism is about aligning technology usage with your personal values and goals, so you can maximize the value from technology instead of allowing it to dictate your life. In this book, Cal Newport explains the why, what, and how of Digital Minimalism, to help you minimize clutter, reclaim your focus, and enrich your real-world experiences.
In this summary, you'll learn:
• What is Digital Minimalism, what are its key principles, and how digital minimalists see and use technology differently;
• How to do a major lifestyle change with a 30-day digital declutter; and
• How to maintain digital minimalism by adopting a range of practices in your daily life.
Who should read this:
• Minimalists and people who want to improve personal focus and effectiveness.
• Anyone who feels overwhelmed by digital devices, or who uses social media and technology regularly.
The use of graphics in the summary is truly amazing and makes all the difference, particularly when it comes to stuff that’s easier explained by a chart or diagram.
All Access Subscriber
of summary infographics purchased every day
I can take in an entire book and its concepts and tools at-a-glance. The infographic images are spot on and cover the entire content. I can print the infographic poster size to put on my wall and study