CEO EXCELLENCE: The Six Mindsets That Distinguish the Best Leaders from the Rest
by Carolyn Dewar, Scott Keller & Vikram Malhotra
CEOs play a critical role, accounting for roughly 45% of their companies’ results. Yet, CEO failure rates are high, and the job is getting even harder with rising complexities and dynamic changes. So, what sets the best CEOs apart from the rest? Three senior partners from McKinsey & Co—Carolyn Dewar, Scott Keller, and Vikram Malhotra—conducted an extensive research study to find out.
In this summary, you'll learn:
• The results from 20 years of research data involving top organizations and CEOs from a diverse range of sectors around the world;
• The 6 key responsibilities and mindsets that differentiate the top-performing CEOs from their peers: Set the direction (Be bold), Align people (Prioritize the “soft stuff”), Mobilize teams (Tap into human psychology), Engage the board (Help them to create value), Connect with stakeholders (Focus on long-term purpose), and Enhance personal efficacy (Prioritize CEO-exclusive tasks).
• Strategic practices for each of these 6 responsibilities and mindsets.
Who should read this:
• CEOs, aspiring CEOs, leaders and managers of all levels
• Executive coaches, business and strategy consultants
The use of graphics in the summary is truly amazing and makes all the difference, particularly when it comes to stuff that’s easier explained by a chart or diagram.
All Access Subscriber
of summary infographics purchased every day
I can take in an entire book and its concepts and tools at-a-glance. The infographic images are spot on and cover the entire content. I can print the infographic poster size to put on my wall and study