By Matthew Walker, PhD
All animal—including humans—sleep. The question is, why? Sleep boosts our mental, emotional and physical health and capabilities in ways that no amount of drugs or medical interventions can provide. On the other hand, insufficient sleep reduces our learning, memory and cognitive abilities, causes brain impairment and increases the risks of numerous diseases from cancer to diabetes, coronary heart diseases and even deatah. In this book, neuroscientist and sleep expert Dr Matthew Walker presents groundbreaking discoveries about sleep to help us understand what is sleep, how it works, why you should sleep, and how you can improve your quantity and quality of sleep.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• What is sleep, what’s the difference between REM vs NREM sleep, how sleep cycles work, and what affects your daily wakefulness and sleepiness;
• How your sleep needs and patterns change across your lifespan, know if you’re sleeping optimally or are sleep-deprived, and what you can do about it;
• The benefits of sleep and dreams on your brain, body, creativity and emotional health, and get the scary facts about what sleep-deprivation is really doing to your mind and body; and
• How to overcome sleep obstacles, and improve sleep quality and quantity at individual, educational, organizational, public and societal levels.
Who should read this:
• Organizational and governmental leaders
• Parents, educators, governmental or social
• Anyone interested in improving your mental-psychological-emotional health and personal potential
$9.97 – $13.97