THE INNOVATOR’S DILEMMA: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business
By Clayton Christensen
Why do good, successful companies that do all the “right” things still fail or lose their market leadership in face of unexpected competition? The book answers this question, and shows how the same (good) practices that lead to a business’ success can eventually lead to its demise – this is the innovator’s dilemma. The book proposes a set of rules that CEOs, entrepreneurs and managers can apply to solve this dilemma.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• How disruptive technologies can render your business irrelevant, and how you can identify them;
• How sound management principles also create blind spots that lead to your demise;
• Strategies and moves to deal with pertinent issues of resource allocation, investment, research, and capability development, when faced with competition from disruptive technologies; and
• How you can proactively develop disruptive technologies of your own to shape your industry.
Who should read this:
• Business leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and professionals involved in product development or innovation;
• Researchers, consultants, and anyone interested in business strategy or disruptive technology.