by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
We live in a complex and uncertain world, and we constantly try to make sense of what’s happening by analyzing history and using sophisticated models to predict the future. In this book, Nassim Nicholas Taleb explains the phenomenon of Black Swans (extremely unpredictable events with a massive impact) why we’re so blind to them, how it creates errors in our understanding and predictions, and how we can address these blind spots to make better decisions and leverage our unpredictable environment.
In this summary, you’ll learn:
• What are Black Swans, the 2 key types of uncertainties and why Black Swans shape history, our societies, and the very world we live in;
• The human biases and the systemic realities that make humans overconfident of our knowledge and predictions (even though the world is inherently unpredictable); and
• How you can cope in an uncertain world, to leverage unpredictability/asymmetry and maximize your chances of success.
Who should read this:
• Leaders (in profit, nonprofit, and public sectors), educators and analysts.
• Anyone wants to expand their perspective and learn how the world truly works.
$9.97 – $13.97