MINDFULNESS IN PLAIN ENGLISH
by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
Use this step-by-step guide to cultivate mindfulness for better focus, peace and happiness!
It’s human nature to feel dissatisfied with life. We get stuck in our own mental treadmill, constantly trying to protect what we have, get even more, then cling on to what we’ve gained. Mindfulness is about seeing reality as it is without judgment or biases. Meditation trains us to achieve that, by learning to watch our own thoughts and responses with calm detachment (instead of being caught up in them). By stepping outside our mental treadmill, we can think and act with greater focus, clarity and intuition, free ourselves from our misperceptions and gain peace and happiness.
This book presents the Vipassana system of meditation to help you observe your mind and gain insights into your own actions. Although this is a Buddhist practice, the insights are applicable regardless of your religious affiliation.
Here are some of the powerful insights you can expect from this summary:
• Understand the source of your frustrations and misperceptions, and how your “monkey mind” blocks you from seeing things as they truly are;
• Uncover the truths vs myths about mindfulness and meditation;
• Learn how to develop your own mindfulness practice, with a step-by-step guide for cultivating the right attitude, getting started, managing your body and mind, dealing with common problems and distractions during meditation, and structuring a sustainable practice;
• Learn how you can go beyond seated meditations to incorporate mindfulness into all aspects of your daily life.
Who should read this:
• People interested in personal and spiritual growth.
• Anyone who wants to become more clear and focused, peaceful and happy.
Key words/concepts covered: Personal Development, Self-Help, Vipassana Meditation, Mindfulness, Buddhism, Focus, Clarity, Spiritual Growth, Peace, Happiness, Mental Wellness, Well-Being, Health, Mindfulness in Plain English, Bhante Henepola Gunaratana